It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Creating filter to display bugs / stories with a linked issue from Service Desk Project

Hi...

Looking for some advice here...

Currently utilising JIRA cloud to run Service Desk and Software projects.

I want to create a Filter that displays all Bugs & Stories that are created in one software project that have a linked issue that resides in another Service Desk project. (have multiple Service desk projects)

For example I can create query to simply show all bugs & stories that have a linked issue using the following jquery however I want to further define which project I want to the linked issue to come from

project = GSA AND IssueType in (Story, Bug) AND issueLinkType in (blocks, causes, relates) AND resolution = Unresolved ORDER BY created DESC

Any idea on correct syntax to use?

2 answers

You can use any third party plugin like  JQL Search Extensions for Jira & reports  its available for cloud and server both

Following query will get all issues linked with the project "projecta", you can manulplte it with further parameters by adding issuetypes etc...

linksIssueProject= projecta

Reference:

https://jqlsearchextensions.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/SEARCH/pages/3375124/JQL+Reference+Cloud#JQLReference(Cloud)-LinksIssueProject

I was hoping to be able to perform this query without an extension...

Is this the only option?

Hi @Rob_N 

I think you will need an extension to do what you want.

The native query doesn't not allow to search two query in the same time, what is what you want: a query to show all issues that have a link (what you did) and a query to filter the linked project.

That's why I think you will need an extension...
Hope it helps !

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you