Creating banner (header) in JIRA

John C. July 9, 2013

In previous versions of JIRA, I was able to create a banner (i.e. classification) in JIRA in the <jira.home>/atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/templates/plugins/topnavigation/topnav.vm file and the corresponding footer.vm file. Now, I'm no longer able to create the top banner because the topnav.vm is GONE.

Please advise how to create a top banner (i.e. header) in JIRA.

Thank you.

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ryan Goodwin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 10, 2013
John C. July 10, 2013

Hi Ryan

Thanks for the response. No, that's not exactly what I was looking for. In previous versions of JIRA you were given the topnav.vm file to add html to so that you can render a classification banner if you so desired. In the 6.0.2 version of JIRA, I can use the <jira.install.dir>/atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/templates/plugins/footer/footer.vm file and add the classification banner just fine. I would like to add it to the top.

0 votes
John C. July 16, 2013

Question answered by Ryan above.

0 votes
John C. July 16, 2013

My apologies to Ryan Goodwin. You gave me the correct answer and I was looking for *my* answer. You know how you get, you expect the answer to be worded with jargon that you were looking for. I wanted you to give me the location of the "*.vm" files, etc.

Again, thank you. Problem is solved!!

Ryan Goodwin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 18, 2013

:) Totally understand that! Happens to us all.

0 votes
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 10, 2013

hi john,

since Jira 6 atlassian changed the design.

read the ADG about this

link to the sandbox

cheers

Suggest an answer