Creating an issue from a PHP or html page

wesley smith January 26, 2014

Using Jira v5.2.6

Say that I have a php or html page and on this page are several inputs which are already filled in, lets say first name, last name, and email address to keep it simple.

Lets also assume that I have a Jira issue type that has matching fields (first name, last name, and email address).

Now Id like to place a button on this php or html page that, when pressed, will create a Jira issue, filling in the fields with the values from the html or php page.

Watching the issue creation process in fireBug I can see that the issue's fields and values are sent as a JSON object.

Can my php / html page spoof the normal creation process and just post a JSON object that I create to jira to create the issue or do I have to use a Atlasian API or make an actual plugin to directly create an issue in this way?

If I have to use an API where should I start?

I am familar with:

• JavaScript
  • jQuery
  • html
  • css
  • php
  • AJAX

Im not familar with Java

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Taiwo Akindele
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 26, 2014

I guess all you need is the Issue Collector Plugin. You can embed an issue collector created from this plugin in your webpage.

You can get details about how to configure your issue collector, and other documentation for this plugin from Using the Issue Collector.

wesley smith January 26, 2014

You are amazing! Issue Collector Plugin is prefect for our needs. I cant believe that never came up in any of my searches! Thank you so much!

0 votes
Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 26, 2014

Suggest an answer