Creating an issue from Zephyr test gives message "Test Successfully Executed" instead of create issue pane.

Daan Timmer September 2, 2013

As the title says.

When I execute a test and try to create a defect/issue from within that test Zephyr tells me the "Test was successfully executed".

The "create new issue" 'button' (link) links to: `/secure/CreateIssue!default.jspa` yet nothing happens besides the notification at the top.

2 answers

0 votes
Emily Schneider
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 22, 2013

Hi Daan,

This is not expected behavior of Zephyr for JIRA. What we would like to do is schedule a meeting with you. We are located in California and are available M-F 6am-6pm PST. Can you please email us at support(at)getzephyr.com to arrange a meeting time with us? Also, we can send you meeting credentials over email and not here.

Kind Regards,

Emily

Daan Timmer September 24, 2013

I ve done some more extensive testing (Used to be a webdeveloper myself). It appears as if the problem has been solved at my colleague's PC (IE10). So either that always worked or not, that I can't really tell. My PC doesn't have IE10 since Chrome. And he reported to me, back then, that it didn't work but now he doesn't have no problems no more.

What I did notice is that in the new Chrome (v31 opposed to v29) the on-blur event seems to be causing this effect. It seems as if the on-blur effect fires before the on-click/on-mousedown when I click on the "Create New Issue" button. If I tab through and hit enter when the "Create New Issue" button is selected the pop-up does show, 100% reproducable.

Clearing my cookies and logging in again makes the window appear once after which it never shows again.

The message saying "Successfully Executed Test" àlways appears when the "Defect select list" OR the "Comment" field have lost their focus. That is 100% reproducable. On all machines here. (v29 & v31 of Chrome, IE10).

I've been mistaken about the firefox problem btw, it seems my collague has switched to Chrome as well.

So for now I've been able to narrow it down to the newest (unstable) Chrome release. I can work around it (using tabbing). I'll keep an eye on my colleagues machine (running stable Chrome) and my machine (running developer release Chrome).

0 votes
Emily Schneider
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 2, 2013

Hi Daan,

Can you please send us a screen shot of what it is you are looking for? It will help to clarify what it is that is going on.

Also, what version of JIRA, version of Zephyr for JIRA, and browser and browser version are you currently using?

Kind Regards,

Emily

Daan Timmer September 22, 2013

Hello Emily,

It happens when I hit the execute button on a test in the test-cycle view. I then hit the little pencil icon next to 'defects'. The screenshot shows you what I do then and the message that is shown.

Most of the time it doesn't work but sometimes it does with no clear indication of what triggers the erroneous message.

JIRA: v6.0.7#6106-sha1:76d7c58

Zephyr: 1.7.3.1043

Chrome v31 and v29, Internet Explorer 10 and FireFox (unknown version colleague is on holiday) all show the same symptoms.

Suggest an answer