Creating a ticket for a new customer

Ignacio Prati June 8, 2016

From the customer portal (JIRA ServiceDesk Cloud) , I can easily create a new ticket for a non existing client, using the "on behalf of" feature. This is really useful, and I would like to be able to create a new issue from JIRA Service desk project interface. But when I try to create a new issue from the project, for a new customer, I get an error:"The reporter specified is not a user." 
I refuse  to believe that the customer portal is more powerful than the JIRA interface. So, I think that there must be an option to do this, that I am not finding. 
Can you please provide some help?

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Meck
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 8, 2016

Hi Ignacio,

Lemme try help you.

You can create a ticket for a customer by JIRA.

Step by Step:

1. Create a ticket
  2. On reporter field, put the customer mail
  3. On issue, put one option to Request Type to match with the Customer Portal

image2016-6-8 18:52:48.png

Regards.

Lameck.

Meck
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 8, 2016

Hello Ignacio Prati, did it help you?

Deborah Bordonaro June 9, 2016

Lameck, I am having the same problem and tried your solution to create a ticket on behalf of a customer who is not in the system. However, I am still getting an error "the reporter specified is not a user."

Is there some other setup that needs to be done? Can you provide more detail on Step 3:On issue, put one option to Request Type to match with the Customer Portal.

Thank you!

Meck
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 9, 2016

Hello Deborah, as far I'm concerned is only this. 

• The reporter at customer list,
  • Customer request type with a value, and
  • The Service Project able to customer view.

It's only this.

Did you try help with Atlassian Support?

Meck
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 9, 2016
Ignacio Prati June 10, 2016

Lameck:

Thanks for your help. But this is not the answer that I am needing. I can see that I can do that from the customer portal. But I want to be able to do this, from the JIRA interface, and not from the portal. (See image)

The reporter field is the one that is filled in the "create issue", and this is the same one that gets filled from the customer portal. So I was expecting a similar behaviour from this part of Jira.

Is there something that I am doing wrong? img1_jpg.jpg

Ignacio Prati June 13, 2016

Hi Lameck: Any news about this? Thanks.

Meck
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 18, 2016

Hi Ignacio Prati,

Sorry for delay! You can do it too, but the reporter needs be a customer. 

image2016-6-19 1:13:30.png

Did you setup something different at Request Security? 

Ignacio Prati June 21, 2016

Hi Lameck:
Thanks for your help, but I am still trying to accomplish this, as I am not able to create tickets for new customers. And the key here is new customers. As in the last image that you sent, the user is already on the customers database. I want to add a new customer as a reporter, and I get the  "The reporter specified is not a user" error.
I am attaching an image with the JIRA Service Desk Configuration.

image2016-6-21 9:55:37.png

Suggest an answer