Creating a singel select custom field using Project Role instead of Group

JT
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 25, 2013

We have projects that use assignment groups to create queues. I would like to create a single selecet custom field that will list project roles instead of groups. The reason for using project roles instead of groups is that the Project Administrator can add/remove users from the project roles as needed. In order to add/remove users from a group, you need JIRA Administration access.

Once I have this field set, I would then like to use this field to limit the select list for the assignee field to the project role selected as well as send a notificatin to all users in the project role.

I have looked at the User Group plugin and the Dynamic Forms plugin, but have not found what I need.

1 answer

0 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 26, 2013

you can use User Picker From Project Role ( Custom Field ) from following plugin

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.iamhuy.jira.plugin.issue-alternative-assignee

JT
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 26, 2013

Rambanam,

The User Picker From Project Role will allow me to pick a single user from within a project role, but it does not let me pick the project role itself.

I am looking for something similar to a cascade select,

field one has all of the project roles listed

field two has the users in the project roles

I need each of these fields to be dynamic so that as project roles or members change, the fields remain current.

RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 26, 2013

i don't seen such custom field, i think you need to develop your own plugin!

Suggest an answer