Creating a quickfilter to filter epics in SCRUM work mode

It may be my Friday afternoon brain, but I can't seem to get this to work...

I see there is JQL available "Epic Name" in the quickfilter setup screen, but I can't seem to get the syntax correct to actually filter for what I am entering. What should the syntax be if the epic name is 'test' for example? I have tried both of these:

"Epic Name" = test

"Epic Name" = "test"

When I go to apply the filter, all issues are hidden and I get a message "Issues may be hidden by Quick Filters." The epic name in question is definitely viewable on the board (i.e. is part of the sprint) as I can click one of the issues assigned to it and see the epic label in the card preview over on the right.

3 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Thanks to Dora Wierzbicka at Atlassian support, I have got it working. Syntax is:

"Epic Link" = epicname

"Epic Name" = "test"should work. It work for me...

Very odd, I created an epic called test then setup a filter using "Epic Name" = "test" and it still didn't work...

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Aug 06, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

A is for Activate: Share your top Jira Service Desk onboarding tips for new users!

Hi, everyone! Molly here from the Jira Service Desk Product Marketing Team :).  In the spirit of this month's  august-challenge, we're sourcing stories of Jira Service Desk activation fro...

573 views 25 15
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you