Creating a project with custom workflow?

Ralph Callaway February 6, 2014

I've setup a custom workflow and would like to use it when I create a new project. However, I can't for the life of me figure out how to associate it with my workflow when it's created.

I get that I can create a project and then associate it with my workflow, but in doing that I have to first pick a workflow at random from the defaults (Simple Issue Tracking, Project Management, Agile Kanba, Software Development, Agile Scrum, or JIRA classic), then adminster the project and change all of the schemes to what I'd like and then go delete all the stuff that got created automatically (workflow and workflow scheme).

Am I really stuck having to manually configure the project every time and then go clean up all the stuff that automatically gets created?

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 6, 2014

With OnDemand, I'm afraid you are stuck - you can't install plugins, including ones that provide blueprints.

0 votes
Daniel Wester
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 6, 2014
Currently JIRA doesn't do it out of the box. There are a couple of add-ons on the marketplace (we have one of them - https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.wittified.jira.project-creator) that will do what you want. You can also write your own JIRA blueprint but that might be too overkill for you.

Suggest an answer