Creating a new project template for JIRA 7

Bora Turgut March 20, 2017

Hello,

I would like to know if it is possible to create a new custom project template when creating a new JIRA 7 project page, OR edit the existing ones in the image below.

image2017-3-20 10:29:49.png

Please assist!

3 answers

1 vote
Steven White March 22, 2017

We've been looking for something that will do that as well.  Quite surprised that its not already part of the default JIRA installation to be honest

Edward Greathouse February 16, 2018

I'm surprised as well. I'm not sure how other teams are implementing JIRA, but using a customized project template seems essential to these kinds of tools. 

Like Geir Windsland likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 16, 2018

Most live with the built in templates and tweak the projects after creation.  For sites regularly creating non-standard projects, you have to take a view on whether the development time is really worth it.  Most of those who really need it create template projects and buy an add-on that can do "copy project"

Jochen Stals May 24, 2018

It is very hard to understand why this is not built in.

Like # people like this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 24, 2018

There's a huge amount of things you might do within a template, and you'd need to come up with a massive great template wizard and gui to control it if you wanted to build it in.

The value to Atlassian is minimal, compared with "here's some standard recommendations, let your admins configure the rest if you need it"

Jochen Stals May 24, 2018

Actually what I am looking for is very simple:

- create project with our own workflow scheme attached to it. Now I need to start from a scrum template, and switch workflow scheme to adapt to our company processes. 

Is there a solution for only this requirement?

Like Geir Windsland likes this
0 votes
Michael Dunn February 23, 2018

It certainly an adaptation adjusting to the new JIRA world when accustom to being a power user. What I did discover is that it is possible to create a new project using the same configuration of another existing project.

What is worth investigating is to select the project template with the largest number of traceable fields then customize with labels, versions, components and make that your master. Then always create new projects with the same shared configuration.

0 votes
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 20, 2017

Currently this is not supported by JIRA, here' an open ticket - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-7020

You can use a paid plugin to incorporate this feature in your JIRA - https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/ca.nuum.gaia/server/overview 

sufyan247 February 6, 2018

This is only for self hosted version, not for cloud.

Suggest an answer