Creating a new kanban board / backlog with the new Jira interface

Mike Hirons October 27, 2017

I'm sure I'm being ridiculously simple minded here, but with the new Jira interface, I cannot for the life of me find out where I can make a new board. Any suggestions?

4 answers

0 votes
Beejal _London_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 31, 2017

Hi @Mike Hirons

Sorry for my delayed response. Are there any issues in this project?

If not could you create one and then see if you can see boards?

Alternatively, could you click on your profile picture and select 'turn off for now' and try creating a board under the 'old' Jira interface.

Let me know how you get on.

Kind regards

Beejal

Dan_Hontz November 27, 2017

Is there any update on this issue? I commented above; I have the same issue. Thanks!

Mike Hirons November 28, 2017

No update from me I'm afraid, I couldn't get it resolved. So having to fuddle it with old projects, which isn't great.

0 votes
Mike Hirons October 27, 2017

@Beejal _London_ @Saad Sarakbi

Still struggling I'm afraid! "Add item" doesn't create boards, there's nothing in settings. I'm stumped!

Capture 2017-10-05 at 14.10.15.pngCapture 2017-10-05 at 14.09.06.png

Dan_Hontz November 27, 2017

I'm running into exactly the same problem. My project has issues (stories and epics) loaded via the bulk uploader. There doesn't seem to be any options to create a board from with in the project (or anywhere else in Jira) 

0 votes
Beejal _London_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 27, 2017

Hi @Mike Hirons

Good question.

Boards are now managed under Jira projects so when you're in a project you should be able to create one there.

This should help: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/boards-in-the-new-jira-experience-937886048.html

Let me know how you get on.

Kind regards

Beejal

0 votes
Saad Sarakbi October 27, 2017

Hi Mike, 

the new design is actually a bit confusing :)

Jira Home -> Projects -> "Project Name". On the top right of the Page you'll find a three dots icon [...], there you will find create Board.

Cheers, 

Saad

Bildschirmfoto 2017-10-27 um 13.34.46.png

Suggest an answer