Creating a new issue that requires an admin to approve it

kevin.lee December 9, 2019

Hello!

I am new to Jira project management, and I am looking for a way to implement a process and hope the functionality is available in Jira.

My team currently creates a lot of new issues on a whim during sprints, I would like to allow them to continue being able to create issues to the backlog, but have only the admins be able to bring them into the active sprint.

I know that under permissions I can restrict creation of new issues to certain groups, but which permission setting controls bringing an issue from the backlog into the current sprint? Does that fall under Edit or Move Issues or possibly something else?

Or is this not a current viable functionality, and anyone with Create privileges has the ability to add it to the current sprint.

Any information is appreciated, thank you!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 9, 2019

You need to control this under the Manage Sprints permission.

kevin.lee December 9, 2019

makes perfect sense, I was looking too far into it and figured that was just the privilege to start and end sprints. thanks!

Suggest an answer