Creating a new issue or add comment

Raoul Kaiser September 18, 2015

I am using JIRA cloud can I use the function to create issues or add comments from email? Do I need to put an email for each project? Do I set up just the incoming mail handler to look for those email addresses?

2 answers

1 vote
paulo_miguel September 18, 2015

Hello Raoul,

You can follow this documentation to create issues and comments from e-mail:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRACLOUD/Creating+Issues+and+Comments+from+Email

Paulo Miguel

Atlassian Support | Cloud

Raoul Kaiser September 18, 2015

I already read that but was asking clarification points to make sure I understood what I read.

0 votes
Benito Picarelli
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 20, 2015

Hi Raoul,

Basically you'll go into Administration > System > Incoming Mail and configure your mail server there. For this point on, you will need to confirm a mail handler for each project that you wish to use this configuration to. JIRA will then periodically check these mail boxes in search of new issues or comments to existing ones.

Have you attempted to perform this? If so, what questions are still lingering?

Cheers,

Benito

Raoul Kaiser September 23, 2015

I have a 1 incoming mail server jira@wheaton.atlassian.net but that is it. How do I create 1 for each project so it can have its own handler? For example: project zip code should have one marked zip@wheaton.atlassian.net but I have no way to create that on Jira server.

Suggest an answer