Creating a filter to find unlinked issues in JIRA OnDemand

Oliver Sharp July 16, 2013

I'm using JIRA OnDemand, and would like to create a filter that shows all issues of a certain type that are not linked to other issues. For extra credit, it would be good to specify properties of the link type (find issues that have a link of type "blocks", find issues that are linked to issues of type "feature", etc).

I looked online, and it appears that (a) this is not supported in the standard JIRA functionality and (b) the plug-ins that do offer more complex queries on links are only available when you download and host the product on your own server.

Is there a solution to this for JIRA OnDemand?

Thx,

Oliver

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Oliver Sharp July 24, 2013

It doesn't appear that any query can do this, given the constraint on the arguments to LinkedIssues(). The closest solution I was able to come up with is to use filters, which can show linked issues in a column, and do a "visual query".

0 votes
MJ
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 17, 2013

There might be some possible options with using the linkedIssues() options for creating a JQL. This function is being explained in the Advanced Searching and the Advanced Searing Functions section. Depending on your exact needs you might need to created a larger query to get the information you are looking for.

Suggest an answer