Creating a filter to find unlinked issues in JIRA OnDemand

I'm using JIRA OnDemand, and would like to create a filter that shows all issues of a certain type that are not linked to other issues. For extra credit, it would be good to specify properties of the link type (find issues that have a link of type "blocks", find issues that are linked to issues of type "feature", etc).

I looked online, and it appears that (a) this is not supported in the standard JIRA functionality and (b) the plug-ins that do offer more complex queries on links are only available when you download and host the product on your own server.

Is there a solution to this for JIRA OnDemand?

Thx,

Oliver

2 answers

1 accepted

It doesn't appear that any query can do this, given the constraint on the arguments to LinkedIssues(). The closest solution I was able to come up with is to use filters, which can show linked issues in a column, and do a "visual query".

0 vote

There might be some possible options with using the linkedIssues() options for creating a JQL. This function is being explained in the Advanced Searching and the Advanced Searing Functions section. Depending on your exact needs you might need to created a larger query to get the information you are looking for.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Jira

Meet the AUG leaders of Northern Virginia

@Rachel Wright (Jira Genie), @Billy Poggi (AUG NOVA, DC), and @Dana Jansen (Confluence Queen) are just some of the folks that lead one of the world's most active Atlassian User Group (AUG)....

125 views 4 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you