• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Creating a filter in two different projects.

I am trying to create a filter between two projects that will give me a list of task where the status in project 1 is not in a given status and is in a given status in project 2. I have tried a few different ways but have not been able to figure it out.

project in (Project_1, Project_2) AND status not in "Joe Complete" AND status in "Mark Complete")

1 answer

Hello @Roger Hancock 

Have you tried this query:

(project = Project_1 AND status != "Joe Complete") OR (project = Project_2 AND status = "Mark Complete") 

Please tell me if I misunderstood your requirements and I will get back to you and try to come up with a solution!

Best regards,

Alexander

That worked.

One more variable that I would like to add to this filter would be to compare the summary and only return those where the summary's match.

Hello!

Just add summary ~ your_summary where depending on where you want it. If you want it to be for both projects you should add it after the last paranthesis so it looks like this: 

(project = Project_1 AND status != "Joe Complete") OR (project = Project_2 AND status = "Mark Complete") AND summary ~ "your summary"

Best regards,

Alexander

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you