Creating a board with tickets from multiple projects without showing it in other projects?

Chris Funkhouser October 20, 2017

Hey Everyone question on board setup. I want to create a JIRA board within a project (let's call it Project A) with a board filter that pulls tickets from multiple projects/boards (e.g. tickets from boards on Project A, Project B, and Project C). This is easy to do by setting up a simple board filter.

The issue I want to address is that after creating the new cross-project board in Project A, the new board also shows up in Project B and Project C (as their issues are also present on that new Project A board). I'd like the new board to just show up in Project A if possible though, so I don't muddy up Projects B & C

Does anyone have a good way of doing this? The only way I've found so far is to create a new user 'Group' and restricting the newly created board access to just that group. I'd rather everyone be able to see the board in 'Project A' though - does anyone have any other ideas on how to achieve that? Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 20, 2017

Boards do not belong to projects.  They are a view on to the issues within the projects their filter selects for.

The problem you've got is that the boards are all valid for the projects, so Jira is happy to show them to you when you're in the project.

I suspect you've found the only way to restrict a board that includes a project.

Suggest an answer