Creating a Table field

If you know SFDC at all then I am looking to create the change items field within JIRA so that we can move away from Feedback items.

In short what this means is that I would like to create a view within a JIRA item that displays a table. The table is made up of a number of things including JIRA Item ID, Deployment method, Component type and a number more. Eg:

JIRA NUMBERDEPLOYMENT METHODCOMPONENT TYPE

GHET-12345Change SetSecurity Change

GHET-98765ManualData Change

I would like this table to be displayed when a user views the item.

Sadly, I cannot see a way of doing this so hoped the community may be able to help me. Does anybody know of a way to do this or indeed know of a plugin that has been created which will enable me to do this.

Thanks in advance.

Stuart

1 answer

Hi Stuart,

If I understand correctl, what ou need to do is use wiki-markup language to create the table, the instructions for which you can find in this document: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Confluence+Wiki+Markup

However, I ahve also included an example below, using your data:

||JIRA NUMBER||DEPLOYMENT METHOD||COMPONENT TYPE||

|GHET-12345|Change Set|Security Change|

|GHET-98765|Manual|Data Change|

Notice the use of the "||" for the title row and then the use of "|" for the rows belwo the title row. If you encapsulate your data in this format, when you click sace on the JIRA issue it will display as a table.

All the best,
John

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 18, 2018 in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

23,160 views 2 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you