Creating a Table field

Stuart Wilson September 30, 2012

If you know SFDC at all then I am looking to create the change items field within JIRA so that we can move away from Feedback items.

In short what this means is that I would like to create a view within a JIRA item that displays a table. The table is made up of a number of things including JIRA Item ID, Deployment method, Component type and a number more. Eg:

JIRA NUMBERDEPLOYMENT METHODCOMPONENT TYPE

GHET-12345Change SetSecurity Change

GHET-98765ManualData Change

I would like this table to be displayed when a user views the item.

Sadly, I cannot see a way of doing this so hoped the community may be able to help me. Does anybody know of a way to do this or indeed know of a plugin that has been created which will enable me to do this.

Thanks in advance.

Stuart

1 answer

0 votes
JohnA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 30, 2012

Hi Stuart,

If I understand correctl, what ou need to do is use wiki-markup language to create the table, the instructions for which you can find in this document: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Confluence+Wiki+Markup

However, I ahve also included an example below, using your data:

||JIRA NUMBER||DEPLOYMENT METHOD||COMPONENT TYPE||

|GHET-12345|Change Set|Security Change|

|GHET-98765|Manual|Data Change|

Notice the use of the "||" for the title row and then the use of "|" for the rows belwo the title row. If you encapsulate your data in this format, when you click sace on the JIRA issue it will display as a table.

All the best,
John

Suggest an answer