Creating a JQL Query that returns results based on history of tickets.

Lloyd May 13, 2022

Hello All,

Continuing on from my first post I want to expand on my current JQL query to show the results based on historical data for example when a ticket was first created rather than last updated. 

For now, I've got "project = ABC AND issuetype in (Bug) AND updatedDate >= "2022-05-01 00:00" AND updatedDate <= "2022-05-01 23:59". "

This is working for now but the results could change without warning due to others working on them meaning that if I we're to run the JQL query on a Wednesday rather than a Monday, then the results may differ when for example I would want to see all the tickets created the previous week without returning the "last updated" time/date stamp

Is there a way I can search using the date a ticket was initially created rather than the date a ticket had been last updated, would it be a case of using a Join to pull in the history of the tickets? 

I've been trying to research this but I am unsure if this would physically work, any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Thank you.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Sreenivasaraju P
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 13, 2022

Hi @Lloyd ,

created is date when the ticket is actually created. created date will not be updated. 

You can use below query

"project = ABC AND issuetype in (Bug) AND created>= "2022-05-01 00:00" AND created<= "2022-05-01 23:59". "

you can refer jira documentation regarding searching issues 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwareserver/searching-for-issues-939938681.html

Suggest an answer