Creating a How To help guide for Project Users

Evangelos Mavrogiannakis June 12, 2017

I create a Project to use Jira for Requirements and defects.  I want to create a How To Guide for all Project users. I am thinking to create a Dashboard with a Gadget list all How To tasks and the due process. I was not able yet to find the right gadget. I appreciate any suggestions for suitable gadget or another approach. Thank you

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 13, 2017

There is an "introduction" gadget available as standard. 

There's also a "text box" gadget that is a bit more free-format, but it is disabled by default, as it can be used to open security holes.  An admin can enable that in the "manage plugins" section if you're willing to risk that.

Generally though, JIRA is not a documentation system - you might find it better to provide links to proper documentation.  Most "introduction" gadgets I see are a very brief introduction (2-5 lines of text) with links to detialed pages in documentation.

somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 15, 2017

If the gadgets don't work for you and you want the users to see a list of links from the project you can also add links in the project directly.  When you go to the project page, on the left you'll see a Projects shortcuts section and a + sign:

Screen Shot 2017-06-15 at 10.57.28 AM.png

You can add links that you think the team may find relevant here as well!

Cheers,

Branden

Suggest an answer