Creating a Confluence page from JIRA via Webhook - oAuth Question

We've created a webhook that creates a Confluence page when fired by a post function in JIRA.

We're trying to figure out a way to create the issue link to the page created on the issue that fired it.

We want the issue link and the confluence page to show who they were created by and we're running into problems.

Current approach:

1. Jira issue created.
  2. Transition executed and post function fires event to trigger webhook.
  3. Confluence page created.
  4. Webhook waits 10 seconds and then asks confluence whether the page has been created.
  5. If yes, the webhook updates the jira issue with the issue link.

We have this working well, but the problem is we're using hard-coded credentials. Any recommendations on approach to accomplishing this would be greatly appreciated.

#### Update ####

This is still an issue. Curious how oAuth should be handled when posting jira detail to a webhook that creates a Confluence page as the user who triggered the webhook... the webhook then pauses, queries Confluence for the newly created page and creates a link to the Confluence page in JIRA.

1 answer

I know it's a old post, I'm not sure if you have resolved this already. If not, look here : https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GRV/Interacting+with+Confluence+from+JIRA 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,755 views 11 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot