Creating a Confluence page from JIRA via Webhook - oAuth Question

Trevor Hunt
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2014

We've created a webhook that creates a Confluence page when fired by a post function in JIRA.

We're trying to figure out a way to create the issue link to the page created on the issue that fired it.

We want the issue link and the confluence page to show who they were created by and we're running into problems.

Current approach:

1. Jira issue created.
  2. Transition executed and post function fires event to trigger webhook.
  3. Confluence page created.
  4. Webhook waits 10 seconds and then asks confluence whether the page has been created.
  5. If yes, the webhook updates the jira issue with the issue link.

We have this working well, but the problem is we're using hard-coded credentials. Any recommendations on approach to accomplishing this would be greatly appreciated.

#### Update ####

This is still an issue. Curious how oAuth should be handled when posting jira detail to a webhook that creates a Confluence page as the user who triggered the webhook... the webhook then pauses, queries Confluence for the newly created page and creates a link to the Confluence page in JIRA.

2 answers

0 votes
Abhishek Singh January 9, 2019

@Trevor Hunt Can you please specify how you achieved this as I also want to achieve this functionality.

0 votes
Madhusudhan Matrubai January 7, 2015

I know it's a old post, I'm not sure if you have resolved this already. If not, look here : https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GRV/Interacting+with+Confluence+from+JIRA 

Suggest an answer