Creating Tasks Via Email for multiple projects

Kara Sheil January 4, 2018

I have been searching the help documentation but I'm not finding how to create a task via email and target a specific project. 

We currently have a mail handler set up for Project XYZ in our cloud instance of Jira (not Helpdesk). I want someone to be able to send an email and have that create a task in Project ABC. I see there isn't a limitation of how many mail handlers I can create, but what email address or what subject line do I use to identify which project I want the email submission to enter a case into? 

Hopefully that is clear enough?

Thanks,

Kara

1 answer

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 5, 2018

Hello,

When you add a email handler you provide a project where an issue will be created and an issue type. You need to create a email handler for each project where you want to create an issue from email. You can read more here

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/creating-issues-and-comments-from-email-779288896.html

Suggest an answer