Creating Sub-Task with Blank "Fix Version/s" Field

Ken Majewski August 19, 2013

I am trying to create a sub-task with the "Fix Version/s" field blanked out. I have added a post-function to the "Create" transition as follows:

The contents of the field Fix Version/s will be purged.

Users are reporting that this does not work. Is it possible to create a sub-task with this field blank?

3 answers

1 vote
Theinvisibleman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 19, 2013

Hi Ken,

You might want to try removing the project from the projects 'Enabled for GreenHopper' in the GreenHopper configuration. You should find it no longer inherits the parent fix version.

Ken Majewski August 19, 2013

Hi Joe,

Does this mean that if we want to use Grenhopper with our project, we have to live with the subtasks inheriting the parent fix version? I don't think turning off Greenhopper is going to be an option for me.

Ken Majewski March 4, 2014

Joe, I tried that, and apparently I can't remove the project from the "enabled projects" list.

0 votes
fbeck_br August 26, 2015

no way...

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-5225

Created: 15/Nov/2004 2:54 AM

0 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 19, 2013

if you don't whant to fill Fix Version/s field then you can remove it from sub-task create screen and add it to edit screen so you can enter later

Ken Majewski March 4, 2014

Rambanam, that does not seem to work. I still see the field populated, even though it is not on the create screen.

Jeff September 10, 2014

I'm having the same issue... i'd like to stop Jira adding the issue into the parent's fixVersion

Suggest an answer