Creating Sub-Task with Blank "Fix Version/s" Field

I am trying to create a sub-task with the "Fix Version/s" field blanked out. I have added a post-function to the "Create" transition as follows:

The contents of the field Fix Version/s will be purged.

Users are reporting that this does not work. Is it possible to create a sub-task with this field blank?

3 answers

This widget could not be displayed.
Joe Wai Tye Atlassian Team Aug 19, 2013

Hi Ken,

You might want to try removing the project from the projects 'Enabled for GreenHopper' in the GreenHopper configuration. You should find it no longer inherits the parent fix version.

Hi Joe,

Does this mean that if we want to use Grenhopper with our project, we have to live with the subtasks inheriting the parent fix version? I don't think turning off Greenhopper is going to be an option for me.

Joe, I tried that, and apparently I can't remove the project from the "enabled projects" list.

if you don't whant to fill Fix Version/s field then you can remove it from sub-task create screen and add it to edit screen so you can enter later

Rambanam, that does not seem to work. I still see the field populated, even though it is not on the create screen.

I'm having the same issue... i'd like to stop Jira adding the issue into the parent's fixVersion

no way...

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-5225

Created: 15/Nov/2004 2:54 AM

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

176 views 1 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you