Creating Reports for Custom Fields

Josh Oxendale November 1, 2017

Hello,

I've created a custom field for both QA time estimated and QA time taken, I was curious as to whether it is possible to run a time tracking report on these? I would also like to compare this data for each team member, based on tasks at a specific status.

So far I haven't been able to find any options that allow me to do this and would much rather avoid having more 3rd party plug-ins.

Please note that this is in Jira Cloud.

Thanks,

Josh.

1 answer

0 votes
mike Kinloch November 17, 2017

Hi Josh,

Guess what.  You're probably going to need a 3rd party plugin to do this.  We use Arsenal DataPlane which gives you lots of nice reporting features.  Although I'm evaluating Easy BI at present which looks really good too.

Don't forget to reindex once you create your custom field otherwise you cant report on the data at all.

Mike Kinloch

Head of Development

Intelligent Environments

Sami Linnanvuo {Screenful}
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 5, 2018

Hi,

If you decide to go for a 3rd party plugin, you might also want to take a look at Screenful add-on, which can create visual dashboards from custom fields out-of-the-box. You can pick any of your custom fields and get a report per assignee and a trends over a time period. Here are some examples with screenshots.

Best,
Sami 

mochadwi October 28, 2021

Jira seems making it more complex as we need spreadsheet to do the reports. Thanks for referring the add-on. Might inform our product teams to try

Suggest an answer