Creating Kanban Release fails with "You do not have permission to edit issues in this project"

Randy Ollenburger January 15, 2018

JIRA v7.5.2

I had an existing Agile board that I'm converting to Kanban since I now have access to the Kanban Backlog view (YES!!!).   However, when I attempt to release all of my closed issues, I get

"Error: You do not have permissions to edit issues in this project"

• I get the error for each issue that it attempts to release.   No issues are released successfully however, the Release is successfully created but is empty (if I reattempt it tells me the release already exists)
  • I verified that I am a PROJECT ADMINISTRATOR.   I do not have other advanced permissions.  I created the Kanban board so am an admin.   I also created the supporting filter.
  • The last column on my board is my "closed" status with only a single status in that column.   All the issues have Resolution not Empty.
  • All issues are in the same project

Any ideas please?  Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2018

Hello,

The error means that you do not have the Edit issues permisson for the issues. If the issues are from differrent pojects then you need this permission for all project. Kindly read more about permission sheme here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver073/managing-project-permissions-861253293.html

Randy Ollenburger January 17, 2018

I do have edit permissions for the project.   I'm the project admin and the board admin and I've created many of the issues themselves.  

I think it's more like permissions to edit the issue once it has been closed.   Reopening is not an acceptable solution.   Could it be something in the workflow that is limiting the release change?

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 17, 2018

Yes, it is called worflow properties. You can read more here

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver073/workflow-properties-861253674.html

Suggest an answer