Creating Jira database indexes [MSSQL]

Błażej O_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 17, 2014

Hello,

Is there some proper way to create indexes on tables created by external plugins in Jira database?

We have tried to create few indexes, but related plugins (jitter, tempo) stopped working after restart. Disabling indexes helped.

We have noticed Jira keeps index registry inside the entitymodel.xml file, however there is no trace of indexes of external plugins. Is there any file, where we can "register" such indexes, so that application will accept them aftrer restart?

1 answer

1 vote
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 1, 2014

Hi Blazej,

I couldn't find a documentation with the indexes that should exist in database for JIRA plugins, however I can think of a workaround.

If you try to install a JIRA from scratch and install the plugins, the indexes should be created in the vanilla JIRA. With that in MSSQL, you can script the tables in the SQL server management and compare with the existing JIRA for missing indexes creating them on the go.

I hope this helps,

Cheers,

Rodrigo

Suggest an answer