Creating JIRA SD Customer

Jervis Padua May 8, 2016

When I create a new customer. I have to give them JIRA Software license as it is required to allow them to log in. Once they successfully log in, only then can I remove the JIRA Software license. Is this a bug?

Why cant I just create a JIRA SD customer without giving them a JIRA software license but still allow them to initially log in?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Wazza
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 8, 2016

Hi @Jervis Padua,

If you're following the steps here to add customers, you don't need to give them a license at all. A customer should only be able to log in through the portal, not the JIRA application.

If you're finding you do need to give them a license to log in through the portal for the first time, this may be a bug, and you'd need to raise a ticket with our support team.

Thanks,

Warren

Jervis Padua May 9, 2016

Hi @Warren Thompson,

It seems that sending an invite is the proper way of doing it. Initially I created the user via the user management page as admin then once the account was created added it as a customer on the JIRA SD project. After the user logs in for the first time, then I removed the JIRA Software license.

Regards,

Wazza
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 9, 2016

Ah I see, so you were essentially creating a user and then turning them into a customer by removing the license. Glad we got it sorted out. 

Cheers,

Warren 

Suggest an answer