Creating Issues and Comments from Email using Jira onDemand

John Egan January 16, 2014

Hi,

I'm very new to Jira onDemand, and am trying to follow the instrucitons found here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Creating+Issues+and+Comments+from+Email

Here's what I'd like to achieve:

• New issue created, user receives email notification.
  • User can then reply to that notification and have his/her reply apended to the issue.
  • Users can send an email to a specified address and have an issue created

this looks like it should work, but I'm up against a few challenges. First, I work for a large, fairly bureaucratic company, so allowing a 3rd party access to a company Exchange server is off the board.

To be honest, I'm not quite sure where to start.

Right now, notification emails are coming from jira@acountname.atlassian.net

When I reply, the reply doesn't seem to go any where. Can I create a 3rd party mail hosting account for this email address? If so, how do I configure Jira onDemand to send through this new account/address? I can see where to go to configure a POP/IMAP server for incoming email, but the screen for outgoing email just gives me the option to enable or disable (under accont admin).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Egan January 22, 2014

After further testing, it looks like a timing issue. We've succesfully tested this by responding to emails, etc... And everything looks to work fine, but it does take up to 30 minutes (estimate) for the emails to process. This could be due to our corporate email system, though...

0 votes
John Egan January 16, 2014

wierd... after typing up this post, I checked, and things seem to be working. there must have been some delay in processing my earlier replies.

Suggest an answer