Need your support with regard to 'Creating Issue or Comments using Email ' in Jira 4.4.5
Please provide informaion on the below clarifications:
1. Can we have only one mail box for all the projects in Jira. But there should be a way to differentiate the Project.
2. How can we differnetiate the issue type for the issue to be created when a email is recieved in the mail box. We should be able to create a Defect or a Bug or an Incident. How will Jira know which issue type to create.
3. Can a non-Jira user create an issue in Jira by sending an email.
4. Can the attachments in the mail be attached to the issue created or commented.
5. Do we have to create as many Services as the projects in Jira. ( From 'System' > 'Advanced' > 'Services'.)
Please advice/suggest the best approach for implementing the 'Issue creation / comment using Email' in Jira 4.4.5 having the below features:
1. Only one mail id to which all the Issue Creation requests can be mailed irrespective of projects and issue types.
2. Parameters by which Jira should be able to understand the incomigng mail request is for which project and which issue type.
3. A non-Jira user should be able to create / comment an issue by mailing to the common mail id. Note, We have the Internal User directory wih LDAP authentication in our Jira currently.
Thanks in Advance,
Too many questions to respond one by one.
Yes, you can have one mailbox supporting many/all projects in JIRA. To do that you could use a Postfix/Dovecot combination and setup a virtual mailbox. This means JIRA email can be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. The next hurdle is dealing with that and routing it into a project. You need a a mail handler to do that, JEMH is such a one, it is a freebie on pre JIRA 5, config file based. Post JIRA 5 its a commercial product with a UI for configuration.
Skimming the rest of the points:
- yes attachments get added. JEMH does a lot of work to extract sometimes deeply embedded content and do sensible things
- yes JEMH has Directives allowing manipulation of issue content.
- current JEMH releases support non-jira user interactions, helpdesk style.
- current JEMH allows you to use Project Mappings that map perhaps an addressee to adopt a specific issue type.
This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.Read more
Hey Atlassian Community! Today we are launching a bunch of customer stories about the amazing work teams, like Dropbox and Twilio, are doing with Jira. You can check out the stories here. The thi...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs