Creating Isses from Email doesn't work

Michael Oblinger September 4, 2012

Hi,

I have read the article on following link: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA050/Creating+Issues+and+Comments+from+Email

After that, I've configured my IMAP-Mailserver (Testconnection is successfull) and an E-Mail Handler.
When I send an email to this account I can see the email in the Mailbox. Also when I test the E-Mail Handler it says: Found 1 message in the imap folder, created issue with summary ..., creanting attachment, deleting message.

But unfortunately the E-Mail is not deleted and the issue is not created.

Can anybody help?

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 4, 2012

Do you see any error in logs? Maybe a mandatory field is required while creating issue? Or something similar?

Can you please tell me, where to find the logs?
I'm sorry but I use jira for a short time

Maybe I should mention, that it worked two days ago. The only thing I changed is, to install the plugin "feywa extensions". But I deleted the plugin again

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 4, 2012

You will find the atlassian-jira.log under JIRA_Home/logs folder. If nothing else is changed, I suspect some connectivity issues or something. But your message "Found 1 message in the imap folder, created issue with summary ..., creanting attachment, deleting message." says that is not the case!

I'll check them, thank you!

Is it possible, that the error occures due to PermGen Memory? Because my System-Information tells me 0MB "Free PermGen Memory"

Rising Star
Rising Star
September 4, 2012

Possible. But you will find that in the logs :) Btw, check the JIRA_Installation_Dir/logs/catalina.out log as well. Tomcat errors will be in that log!

Michael Oblinger September 5, 2012

Possible and the solution :-)

Increasing the PermGen Memory-Size helped!

Thank you anyway for your help

Suggest an answer