Created vs resolved gadget - does it check the resolution date?

Ilias Biris May 23, 2013

I am working on a custom workflow, and needed to have a change merging 2 states (Delivered, Deferred) which were resolution states in the old workflow into one (Closed) which will be the only closing state of the new workflow. In order to preserve historical data, I am making sure there is a way to move from Delivered or Deferred into Closed, without changing the resolution and original resolution date. In that sense I expect that the created vs resolved gadget would still show the same graph about the items which were resolved.

Instead of this I get a new graph showing all the issues which had already been resolved (as delivered or deferred) with a resolution date pointing to the time when I made the transition into the new workflow. So history is screwed seriously. I double checked issues to make sure that their resolution dates did not change. So this behaviour of the gadget doesn't make any sense.

Am I missing something? Is it possible to do what I am trying to do ?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ilias Biris May 23, 2013

Actually this was a non-issue, another colleague was working on the same test server as I was, so both data sets were messed up... doh! The gadget works as expected!

Nothing to see here folks, move along :-)

Suggest an answer