Created vs Resolved - If I create and someone else closes it, how does the graph display?

Bhavesh Patel March 13, 2013

If I create a task and someone else closes it, how would the graph display in this instance? Will the resolved line change no matter who closes it, as long as I have created it, it will show?

On the user who closed the task, will their resolved line change?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
darylchuah
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 13, 2013

Hi Bhavesh

According to this documentation: Created vs Resolved Issues Report:

The 'Created vs Resolved Issues' report is a difference chart showing the number of issues created vs number of issues resolved over a given period of time. The report is based on your choice of project or issue filter, and the chart can either be cumulative or not.

Hope it helps :)

Cheers

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 13, 2013

In other words, it doesn't care about who did what, only that issues were created or resolved.

Bhavesh Patel March 14, 2013

Yup understand if we are using a project filter but the issue filter we are using in our organisation is "My Issues". So if all the issues that are appearing on the chart are ones that are created by me, then what happens if someone else closes them?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 14, 2013

It doesn't care who did what, it reports on issue creation and resolution

I don't know how else to explain it. It does not matter about people. It looks only at create and delete. Not who.

vkharisma
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 14, 2013

+12321 to Nic. You don't need to worry about who closes the issue.

Suggest an answer