Created vs Resolved Chart - Not showing all created issues.

Liam January 7, 2015

This project has 37 issues on it, 28 of which are resolved, 1 in progress and 8 that todo.

Can any one give me an idea as to why my chart looks like this?

Screen Shot 2015-01-08 at 10.13.01.png

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Peter Bengov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2015

Nic was correct with his analysis. What you can do to show result for the project's life time is change the default look-back of 30 days: click on Edit option (top right of the gadget) > Change the "Days Previously" value. 

It will require some adjustments along the way (increase the look-back), but should give you what you want to see.

Consider changing the "Period" value to Monthly, or at least Weekly.

Liam January 9, 2015

Thanks. This does get the gadget closer to what I wanted, though a 30 day period that shows Total Created against Total Completed. Do you know if we can request things like this?

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 8, 2015

I'm not sure what you're asking for here, the diagram looks fine for me.  

The green line shows you resolving issues - 28

The red line shows incoming new issues - 21

The number of issues in your project is not important in this chart - if you have 37 now, then because your chart shows 21 being created, then you can work out that 16 issues were created more than 30 days ago

There's one other little thing - the red line appears to kink downwards on the last day - that would show that you've created an issue and then either deleted it or moved it out of the project this chart is being run for.

Liam January 8, 2015

I see, guess this is not the gadget I want then. I want to see a graph of total issues created against total issues resolved. Rather then the cumulative values over the past 30 days, I want to see cumulative values of the entire project life, so that resolved issues can never be more then created. I can't see a gadget to do that on the dashboard.

Suggest an answer