Created vs Resolved Chart: Is it possible to customize which issue status is considered as "Resolved"?

Deleted user November 11, 2012

I'd like to see trend of #closed issues. I have tried Created vs Resolved Chart but it considers issues in both resolved and closed status as Resolved. Are there any ways for me to set the graph to count only issues with "closed" status as resolved issue and reflect the amount in the chart?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 11, 2012

No, because the status of an issue is nothing to do with an issue being "resolved", directly. It works off the field "resolution" which is independent of status.

If you want this to work, you need to change the workflow so that the resolution field is only set as the users go into the status you want to think of as "resolved"

Deleted user November 11, 2012

Thank you very much for the suggestion, Nic.

Do you know if there is any gadget/tool/report that can show the trend of the amount of active issues?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 11, 2012

Not really, but I think your question very much hinges on what you mean by "active" and what trends you're interested in.

It could get very complex very quickly, because a simple "show me how many issues are being opened and closed" isn't actually useful, until you take into account the number of users and the type of work. It works in a single project or a small group because the people reading the numbers know what they're looking at, but it's a lot less useful for a large system with a lot of different businesses, projects, issue items being tracked etc.

0 votes
Danut M _StonikByte_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 14, 2020

Hi @[deleted], 

With our add-ons Great Gadgets for Jira Server and  Great Gadgets for Jira Cloud you can have a Created vs Resolved chart on your dashboard that allows selecting the "done" statuses. 

In the 10 gadgets offered by the add-on, there is a Release Burndown / Burnup Chart gadget than can be easily configured as Created vs Resolved Chart. Just take a look at this example. 

CreatedVsResolved.jpg

Danut

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events