Created v/s resolved plugin

uday ramakrishna October 10, 2012

Hi, i have a created v/s resolved plugin that displays total tickets in a month. What happens is that it only displays the tickets that are open now. It does not show any of the ones' that have been closed. Any inputs? This is a Jira 4.2 version. Below is an image.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 12, 2012

Does the workflow associated with your issue type having a post condition to set the Resolution field to one of the Resolved values? Open one of the issues and check what is the value shown for "Resolution". If it is showing UNRESOLVED, it means you need to fix up the workflow.

uday ramakrishna October 14, 2012

Hi Renjith,

I opened an issue and it apprently says "Resolved (View Workflow)" and i'd assumed it was the right status for it to show up. Unfortunately not. Wonder if i should reintstall or upgrade to 5.1.

Sorry to be such a pain. Attached is a pic of what i see in the workflow. It is in a status called Closed. Thanks again for your help :)

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 14, 2012

Uday, again, it is not Status, it is the Resolution that you need to check. Check the picture in the link and see point '7'.

What does that field show in your issue?

The above was a ticket that was in closed status. As you can see it has closed ticked. Sorry if i am sounding ignorant but this software seems to get seriously complex. When we close a ticket, we say resolve issue -- Fixed and then we click on close issue which is what was done in the screen above.

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 14, 2012

Uday, can you attach the screenshot of one of your issues which is in Resolved or Closed status?

Hi Renjith, appreciate your patience and the support and apologies if i am not getting simple things right :).

Yes, we would love to upgrade at some point but given my lack of knowledge dont wnat to break a working system.

No, we did not customize the workflow, it is just as it was. Just made a coyp of the original. Below is a snapsot of a ticket in closer state. Is this what you were looking for?

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 14, 2012

Perfect. Let's start from beginning.

1. Have you customized the default workflow in JIRA?
  2. And Uday, as I asked before, can I see a screenshot of an issue (not the workflow), which is in Closed status?

JIRA's complexity comes from the fact that it is highly customizable. If you are not customizing, it should work without any problem with the default workflow.

Also Uday, JIRA 4.2 is really really old. Are you not having any plans to upgrade?

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 14, 2012

It looks perfect. Now I am at loss. What was the filter that you used for the Created Vs. Resolved Chart? Did you select a project or filter? If filter can you explain the filter criteria.

And upgrade soon :)

I did chose a filter and not a project and below is the criteria.

<label class="fieldLabel" for="fieldJqlQuery">JQL Query:</label> status in (Open , Reopened) and project != "DV"
<label class="fieldLabel">Sorted by:</label> Key descending
Thanks i feel much better that probably i did not do something drastically wrong :). I'll sure upgrade soon as i can.
Thanks much.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Guess it was a faulty filter. I should have actually had the jql return only opened and closed projects. It's my bad. Thanks Renjith for helping debug this rather silly mistake of mine.

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 15, 2012

Great :)

You can also chose a filter, but the filter also should include the Resolved issues.

0 votes
John Chin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 10, 2012

Hi uday,

may I ask your close ticket is change from resolved -> close or open -> close?

Regards John

We generally click on resolve issue and click on Fixed and the click on close issue. Could this be the reason why this will not be getting picked?

Dan Flint
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 10, 2012

What is the field "Resolution" set to for these closed issues?

Not sure i understand John and apologise. In the workflow states, it says Closed = Resolved. is that what you are referring to?

John Chin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 10, 2012

Hi uday,

For your information, either the ticket status from open to close or open to resolved, the chart will show the issue as resolved.

If both have been confirm that chart are not showing the resolved in Chart, you could refer to this pages for troubleshooting https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Created+vs.+Resolved+chart+showing+incorrect+count+of+resolved+issues

I hope it helps, Regards John.

0 votes
Dan Flint
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 10, 2012

Hi,

I believe that if an issue is resolved and then closed then it will be included. If an issues is closed without being resolved in its work flow it would not show.

I do not believe there is a created vs closed gadget - although somone may be better placed to advise on this.

Hope this helps...

Dan

Suggest an answer