In JIRA cloud...
1) Go to (cog icon)>issues
2) Select Field Configurations on the left (there was one - "Default Field Configuration"
3) Under actions, select "copy"
4) Rename and save as "DW Field Configuration"
5) On View Field Configurations screen, click "Configure" for the new "DW Field Configuration"
6) For each Field, click "Screens" on right and check/uncheck as appropriate for the use of this new configuration.
7) Click "Field Configurations" on the menu to the left to return to the "View Field Configurations" screen
8) On View Field Configurations screen, click "Configure" for the existing "Default Field Configuration"
Note that all of the screen changes made to the NEW "DW Field Configuration" have also been applied to the original "Default Field Configuration".
Put head on desk and cry.
I think the problem is related to mixing field configurations and screens. Each JIRA project has an Issue Type Screen Scheme (ITSS) that controls the fields displayed on create, edit and view screens. That is per issue type.
Then for each project there is also a Field Configuration Scheme, which chooses the field configuration for each issue type. Field configurations are mostly used to make fields required.
So if you want to change the fields being used in a project, don't touch the field configuration part, work with the ITSS part. Define a new screen, add the fields you want. Create a screen scheme to use the new screen. Create a new ITSS to use the new screen scheme
You're not the first to find the Seven Schemes of JIRA confusing, so I wrote a book explaining them and more: Practical JIRA Administration http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920020196.do No head-banging needed!
Hello, Community! My name is Gosia and I'm a Product Manager on Jira Server and Data Center here at Atlassian. Since 2002 when we launched our public issue tracker, jira.atlass...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs