Created Version late in process, bulk move many completed tasks from one version to another

Chris Mylonas April 23, 2012

Hi -

I'm using JIRA for keeping track of odd jobs rather than bug tracking, call it job tracking. I've just created a version called "2012-April" and want to move my previously (and lazily/forgetfully) created & finished jobs which are in an "Unsheduled" version - I've done it on another project which had 7 tasks but this other project I have has 20+ and would rather do it in one go.

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 23, 2012

Do a search of these tasks (probably ur criteria is Unscheduled items) and then do a bulk edit and mark the fixVersion as per your requirement.

http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Modifying+Multiple+('Bulk')+Issues

Hmmmm...thanks. It looks like it can only be done by users/groups through the global permissions.

I've set up my JIRA with Roles based permissions and can't add the Bulk Changes permission to a "Role" - is this correct?

Cannot edit closed/fixed items. I'll have to work my way around it without losing which jobs are being edited.

Thanks for your help

The ability to allow Roles to bulk edit would be necessary for me to use in other areas. Currently it only allows Groups/Users to have the global bulk edit permission.

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 23, 2012

Similar question regarding editing closed jobs here

Suggest an answer