Create user account for an interim period - how to?

Rumceisz June 9, 2013

Hi All,

we administer a 5000+ users Jira and we have a problem that many of our customer users leave the projects unless they inform us about the leaving. It's a current risk.

So we decided that we will create user accounts only for 2 months and then we revision whether the user is still working in the project or not.

So my question: is it possible to set for a user account an interim period or service which inactivate the user after the period has left. My guess is the user account properties but no clue how to achieve.

Can you please help?

Thanks in advance!

Rumi

2 answers

0 votes
twong_atlassian
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 11, 2013

I'd figure out some business rule that identifies what it means for a user to be inactive, then script up a cron job that queries the db to get this info, then use something like the API or Bob's CLI to deactivate.

https://bobswift.atlassian.net/wiki/display/ACLI/Atlassian+CLI+license

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 9, 2013

There is no functionality like this at the momement. The closest that you may get is the cwd_user_attributes table in the database which holds the login.previousLoginMillis value.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 9, 2013

Yup, you'll need to script or code for this. An account in Jira stays where it is until explicitly removed, and there's nothing about expiring accounts in there.

My last client had us write a simple service - it ran every day, and exactly as Timothy suggests, looked at last login date/time and disabled the user (removed all roles and groups, updated name and email address) if they were over X days old

Suggest an answer