Create test JIRA server with "production" database

Artur Nowak March 10, 2016

Hi all,

I want to create a new JIRA server based on v7.1.1 ( the same on production server ) .

I Use SQL 2008 R2 server for database ( called jiradb ) . Expecial for "test server" i clone database and called it jidarb_staging . 

After install a "new" instance of JIRA , i connect it to database called jiradb_staging in dbconfig.xml file ( i change the path to database ) 

After this , all work fine but if i change something on test server , changes are made on production server too.

Are there ani special connections between those 2 servers ? They use diffrent database and the "test" JIRA is a new install , not clone .

Anybody have got a manual, or instruction how to make a test server with the same OLD database ( copy ) from production AND from time to time i must upload the newest copy of database from production to the test server ..

Pls need help smile

Regards smile

ps : if you had an instruction , please send it to e330@o2.pl  

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 10, 2016

>After install a "new" instance of JIRA , i connect it to database called jiradb_staging in dbconfig.xml file ( i change the path to database

Ok, that bit is not working.

When you built your test server, did you run through the whole cycle, getting through to the point where it's created an empty database and an admin user and you can log in?  And pointing the installation routine to the  staging database?

Suggest an answer