Create tempo planned time while creating issue.

Błażej O_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 14, 2013

Hello.

Is there any possibility to create tempo planned time automatically while creating an issue?

I'm setting up and IssueType for vacations. It is meant to work as an internal digital document, that can be printed at some point (with xporter plugin). Therefore I need two fields: vacation start date, and vacation end date. At the same time, I need to have this vacation period to be visible in tempo, so the team leaders can see the planned absences.

So far worker needs to create vacation issue and fill custom fields, than view the created issue, click "plan time" and fill out the tempo form. This is far too many operations, people will omit this. Planning vacation exclusively in tempo is not an option too - we have standard company documents with predefined layouts, and vacation application has to be printable with this standard.

I need one of these solutions:

1) Post function to create tempo workplan automatically after issue creation,

2) Post function to create API call to tempo to create workplan,

3) Post function to perform a database insert query to AO_86ED1B_TIMEPLAN to create workplan,

Do you know of any plugin that can do any of these?

Maybe some suggestions how to do it properly (having BOTH ability to print the document with planned dates AND seeing the planned vacation in tempo calendar).

1 answer

0 votes
Kristin Hreinsdottir [Tempo] February 21, 2013

Hi

Tempo still does not provide a public API for Planning but it is in our future plans. I don't see any obvious solution for you until it does.

Comment and vote on this issue:

http://feedback.tempoplugin.com/forums/78393-tempo-plugin-ideas/suggestions/2323102-set-and-remove-planned-time-from-external-system-v

Kind regards,

Kristín

Suggest an answer