Create template of tasks in Jira Cloud

David S. January 7, 2018

I have been evaluating if we continue with Cloud or move to Self-hosted. We have a number of use cases we need to be able to fulfill. I have been able to find plugins for (essentially) all of them in both environments except for the ability to create a number of issues (not only sub-tasks) based on a template. We are currently importing CSVs but this requires providing everyone administrative access. Additionally it is really annoying for everyone to use since it is not very efficient. Last, it leads to everyone having their own set of CSVs instead of working together as a team on a shared set of task templates (yes, i know, there is a solution to this).

For self-hosted I found the Structure plugin. It is an amazing add-on and it fulfills this use case. I can create "structure" of issues and then copy the structure which can then clone all the issues within it. Pretty nice.

Still, I'd prefer to stick with Cloud. Less management and it costs less (well... in the short run, long run self-hosted seems cheaper).

Any recommendations for ways to create multiple issues at once from a template using Jira Cloud (and not using CSVs)?

Thanks,

David

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2018

My understanding is that Structure for Cloud is on the way, which might be worth waiting for.

David S. January 7, 2018

Oh look at that. I found the following thread recently but it wasn't clear if it was actually being worked on. Last Tuesday a new comment was added that states they hope to have it ready late 2018.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/ALM-Works-questions/Jira-Cloud-Structure-Plugin/qaq-p/236577

Thanks

Suggest an answer