Create task and autofill information from different project

Hi,

We are trying to have Jira auto fill some field based on a selection from a drop down. However the information is in a different project.

For example, a user creates a task and selects a machine serial number, the information about that machine is contained in a profile which is in a different project. I would like to auto fill some information based on the the profile of the machine.

Is there a way to share information among projects?

Any help is appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
Tarun Sapra Community Champion Aug 21, 2017

Hello Gregory,

Currently in JIRA there is no way to do it out-of-the-box. i.e. to populate the value from another project on the create screen itself (like ajax). My suggestion would be to do in the post-function.

i.e. once you select the "machine searial number" then in the post-function you can use plugin like "script runner" having a "scripted field" which can fetch the machine information from an issue in another project based on the serial number entered in this project.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 29, 2018 in Jira

How to set up an incident workflow from the VP of Engineering at Sentry

Hey Atlassian community, I help lead engineering at Sentry, an open-source error-tracking and monitoring tool that integrates with Jira. We started using Jira Software Cloud internally last year, a...

1,081 views 0 8
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you