Create subtask with scriptrunner: setting assignee

Adolfo Casari
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2013

I am creating subtask at a workflow postfunction using scriptrunner create subtask postfunction

In my project there is a default assignee and the subtask is getting that instead of the parent s.

How can I force to set the subtask s assignee to that of the parent s?

Thanks in advance.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2013

Are you sure it's not the workflow of the subtask which set the assignee? All fields of the parent are cloned to the subtask including the assignee.

Adolfo Casari
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 8, 2013

There was a misunderstanding on my part, you are right, the assignee is copied from the parent.

0 votes
Brannon Fay December 5, 2013

Have you moved your post function after the Reindex step?

I thought Henning's answer was right when reading but when I checked my post function I set it too. Here is what I have:

issue.assignee == transientVars["issue"].assignee;

0 votes
John Bishop
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 4, 2013

Have you tried adding something like this in your scriptrunner postfunction:

subtask.setAssignee(issue.getAssignee());
subtask.store();

Where subtask is the Issue object of the newly created subtask, and issue is the object of the parent issue.

Suggest an answer