Create subtask on transmission: parents security level is not copied into the subtask

Axel Dellenbach February 19, 2013

Dear all,

I've added the 'create subtask on transmission' function into my workflow. Using this function the subtask is created, but the subtask security level is always 'none', instead of the parent issue security level.

How I've to adjust my workflow to prevent this? My subtasks always should have the parents issue security level.

Thanks - Axel.

2 answers

1 vote
MJ
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 19, 2013

If you have configured a separate workflow for sub-tasks, you can add a post function to the "Create" transition called "Set Field Value from Parent" to take over the Parents securtity level. I have tested and confirmed this to work when manually creating a subtask from within an issue, I am not sure if the same behavior is possible when you are using a plugin or any other methods where you automatically create a sub-task through a workflow transition in the parent issue.

Axel Dellenbach February 24, 2013

Hi Mick,

I can't find a post function "Set Field Value from Parent", but maybe this is a JIRA version issue as we run actually JIRA 4.4.3.

Any idea?

Cheers - Axel.

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 20, 2013

If you are using the Create on Transition Plugin for JIRA, then the security level should be set. If this is not happening, open an issue with the details.

Suggest an answer