Create script with Jelly for recurring issue

acomm gmbh July 31, 2013

Hello all,

I need some help trying to create this automated process in which an issue is created automatically once a month. I've already tried the plugin The Scheduler, which didn't work because of some error message I've always received after creating the original issue.

Now I've contacted the Atlassian Support who told me that it is possible to create something like this using Jelly.

I need to have this checklist created once a month and it needs to be assigned to a group of users.

Any help on how to accomplish this would be very much appreciated.

With regards,

Sebastian

3 answers

0 votes
CodeDoers July 29, 2015

For automatic repeating issues you can use Repeating Issues for JIRA https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.codedoers.jira.repeating-issues

This add-on can execute different actions repeatedly for given issue e.g. clone issue, create sub-task in issue, traverse isssue workflows - set once and forget!

0 votes
acomm gmbh August 11, 2013

Hi,

but if I'd use attachements there would always have to be a issue key which I would not know because the issue is not yet created.

Here's the code I'm currently using:

<JiraJelly xmlns:jira="jelly:com.atlassian.jira.jelly.JiraTagLib">
<jira:Login username="Sebastian" password="***"/>
<jira:CreateIssue project-key="PT" assignee="Test" summary="LKWs checken" 
description="" 
reporter="Sebastian" duplicateSummary="ignore"
>
<jira:AttachFile key="???" filepath="/tmp/somefile" option="override"/>
<!-- other jelly tags -->
</jira:CreateIssue>
</JiraJelly>

The only thing I have at that moment is a project key. As an alternative I could maybe use an URL to a file, that could be downloaded.

Thanks so far. If you have any other ideas please let me know.

With regards,

Sebastian

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 31, 2013

First, create a Jelly script that does the job when you run it as an admin in the foreground.

The basics of enabling Jelly and where to run them is at the top of https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Jelly+Tags - skim that, and then look further down, specifically for "Jira:CreateIssue"

Once you have a script that does what you need, when you run it manually, head off to https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Services to see how to set it up as a "service" which you can schedule.

acomm gmbh August 8, 2013

Hi Nic,

thanks for your reply. I've just managed to setup the script to create an issue within the defined interval.

Now I'm wondering if there is any way to put in a spreadsheet or a checklist for things that need to be done into the description field?

With regards,

Sebastian

a display name August 10, 2013

Not really. I think you can do attachments in Jelly, so you could create a simple template spreadsheet and upload a copy of that every time as part of the script. But it's an attachment, not a checklist

The other option that springs to mind is to ensure the Description field uses the wiki-markup renderer and then put a table or bullet point list in the description as it creates the issue.

Suggest an answer