It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Create screen set up

Hi All,

I have a question about setting up a Jira create screen, I would like to know if it would be possible for to set up a custom field to dictate how the rest of the create screen would be set up. I'm trying to avoid using multiple tabs on the create screen.

For example if the custom field was set up to ask a "Yes or No" question and the reporter selected "No" the create screen would then populate required fields that would be different than if the reporter selected "yes".

I hope that is clear enough of what I'm trying to have the custom field do on the create screen, my team is just trying to avoid using multiple tabs... 

Thanks for your help

Jimmy

1 answer

Hi Jimmy,

You can do it using behavior plugin. When you choose Yes option, the next field will auto populate.

Find the script and steps in the following link;

https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/jira/recipes/behaviours/select-list-other.html

Thanks

Tej Poudel

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

273 views 1 2
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you