Create report with all bugs and custom calculated fields?

Matthew Tibbit September 22, 2015

My goal is to create an excel report that lists all issues where type = bugs, status is not closed or declined that can be emailed on a regular basis (weekly).

The report will need a column to give each bug a number based on the custom field of severity (minor = 1, moderate =5 major = 10 etc) and then a final column calculating the total number. Has anyone done anything like this before? What approach did you take? 

Thanks in advance.

4 answers

1 vote
Lauma Cīrule
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 29, 2015

Matthew, I am happy to hear you are trying eazyBI!

You can select custom fields to be imported as measures in Source data tab / Import (before manual import the import options screen is displayed). If you would import a numeric custom field as measure you would get several new calculated members that would display totals on different dates; you can select them in Measures dimension. See more here https://docs.eazybi.com/display/EAZYBIJIRA/Custom+Fields#CustomFields-Totalsofcustomnumberfields.

By default the JIRA issue custom fields are visible here. I checked your account though and did not see the bugscore custom field. Is it a custom field in JIRA or you would add the score dynamically based on severity? In this case I would suggest to create a JavaScript calculated field in eazyBI, see more details https://docs.eazybi.com/display/EAZYBIJIRA/JavaScript+calculated+custom+fields
This field would not appear in JIRA, but you would be able to select it for import.

Let me know if you would need further assistance with this! In this case let me know also which report you are working on.
Lauma / support@eazybi.com 

1 vote
Lauma Cīrule
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 28, 2015

Hi Matthew,

If you are still searching for best solution, please take a look at eazyBI report creation add-on for JIRA. With eazyBI you can create custom reports based on JIRA data. Here is an example report that shows how many issues are created and resolved in each time period and how many remain open by the end of the time period. You can change the Page filter for Issue Type to only see this report about Bugs.

eazyBI reports can be exported to excel or regular report export to PDF can be scheduled. See more details here https://docs.eazybi.com/display/EAZYBI/Create+dashboards#Createdashboards-Dashboardemailsubscription or let me know if you have any additional questions!

Kind regards, 
Lauma / support@eazybi.com 

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 22, 2015

Most of this is easy - define a filter for bugs with status not in (closed, declined).

A download is easy too - click "view in Excel" from the issue navigator.

The next bit needs some code - you'll need to find/write a Connect addon that can do the calculated field for you, OR something that can display the data from the filter in the format you need with the totals field added.

0 votes
Matthew Tibbit September 29, 2015

Thanks for the replies @Nic Brough [Adaptavist] and @Lauma. 

I have an eazyBI license now and am playing around with that. Is it possible to add custom fields into the excel/pdf exports?

Example would be, I want the bugscore field to check the bugseverity and add a number based on that and then I want a total bugscore field to display the sum of all bugscores.

Suggest an answer