Create "Customer" custom field for projects in Jira ?

Jo May 8, 2014

hi,

could you help me figure out how can I greate a "customer" field in Projects in Jira? I know how to do it for issues, just not sure how to do it for each project. My management wants to have an overview of how many projects each customer has , but I am uncertain how I can achieve it.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 8, 2014

I think what you're looking for here is a field at a project level, rather than issues?

If so, you're probably stuck. Jira has a small set of fields at a project level, you can't add custom ones.

Two basic approaches though

1. If you are not using project "Category" for anything else, you could use that. It will divide your project list into tabs, so you'll be able to click through them to see each customers projects at a glance (it's actually searchable since version 4 as well, so you can even do things like "category = customer4 and unresolved" to get a cross-project list of open items for a customer)

2. Have a look at the "pro fields" plugin - that adds project level fields

0 votes
Jo May 8, 2014

Nic, spot on , that's what I am after. I will search for that plugin as well.

Thanks very much to both.

0 votes
BenjiI
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2014

Do you want to limit the scope of your buttons (so not visible in all issues and all projects)?

Suggest an answer