Create project with shared configuration: 'Project xXx' uses this project key

JBL March 20, 2017

Hello,

I try to create a project with a shared configuration. The project sharing configuration is X. The target project is Y.

When specifying the key, I have the error: Project 'X' uses this project key.

I don't understand why as I can't see any trace of my target key Y within X. What can I do to find out where that Y project key is said to be referenced by X ?

Thank you.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
JBL March 20, 2017

Indeed. Originally, a long time ago, the original name of X was Y.  And it works with any other name. Does this mean that JIRA keeps that fact in some kind of memory and prevents any further use of Y as a key ?

Is there any way to bypass this ? (I know, it could not be a good idea, but in our case, it is useful, since Y was never used and only served as a test).

Edit: now, everything is clear: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-34945 The Y key has been used in the past. I can't use it again, unless I do myself some cleanup in the database.

0 votes
Niclas Sandstroem
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 20, 2017

Could it be that someone has changed key for the project?

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/editing-a-project-key-802592377.html

Does it work if you specify another key for the new project?

Niclas Sandstroem
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 20, 2017

You could play around with the project_key table but make sure you know where you need to do changes additionally.

0 votes
Tayyab Bashir
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 20, 2017

Once you select for which project you want to share the configuration with, a Create with Shared Configuration dialogue will appear. 
In this dialogue enter the details of the new project to be created. 

Suggest an answer