Create project leads to permission violation (Jira 6.2.1)

Franc Olschewski May 8, 2014

I'm a Jira administrator. We have installed Jira 6.2.1 and exported/imported our 5.2 data into 6.2.1. Everything is working fine beside the problem that if we try to create a new project we get a permission violation. But the project was created and can be used without any problems. Do you have any idea what the problem could be or how we can find out ?

Franc

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2014

Make sure that the default permission set has Browse Permission for the user creating the project.

Franc Olschewski May 14, 2014

Thanks for your answer. But only admins are allowed to create projects. And I'm also the owner of several projects and browse them without any problems. So this can't be the reason from my point of view.

Franc Olschewski May 14, 2014

Ok, the problem was the Permission scheme default. I've added jira-administartors to Browse Projects and it's working as expected now. So your hint was the solution.

THX

Suggest an answer